Dr. Daniel Yamini grew up in Westlake Village, a northern suburb of Los Angeles. As a highly motivated and accomplished student, he was honored as the valedictorian at the top-ranked Westlake High School. That distinction, among others, earned him a scholarship to Stanford University to pursue his undergraduate education in biology and psychology. While at Stanford, Dr. Yamini focused on merging the study of human biology with adult and child psychology. In fact, Dr. Yamini was a part-time instructor at the prestigious Stanford Bing School for Children to study child behavior and development.
Given his passion to understand human biology and behavior, Dr. Yamini entered medical school with the initial goals of pursuing psychiatry. However, soon after participating in surgical training, his new passion was discovered. Dr. Yamini devoted himself to mastering the art of surgery. While attending the rigorous Harbor-UCLA surgical training program, Dr. Yamini proved to be an outstanding clinician, surgeon, and scientific researcher. His six years of training afforded him command of a host of surgical disciplines, including breast, open-heart, thoracic, vascular, and oncology surgery. In addition, he developed and honed his enthusiasm for plastic surgery under the supervision of the prestigious UCLA plastic surgical faculty.
Dr. Yamini was accepted to the Providence Hospital Plastic Surgery Program in Michigan. His training was led by the world-renowned Dr. Ian Thomas Jackson at the Craniofacial Institute. Dr. Jackson, who was the head of plastic surgery at the Mayo Clinic, is considered one of the true “Fathers” of plastic surgery. Here, Dr. Yamini again proved to be highly skilled in the delicate art of plastic surgery. He further distinguished himself with numerous research projects, multiple scientific papers, and many speaking engagements throughout the world. Dr. Yamini has been invited to present his work in cosmetic surgery techniques at the premiere international cosmetic conference (ASAPS) multiple times.
To achieve the epitome in cosmetic surgical training, Dr. Yamini pursued an advanced fellowship in facial and body cosmetic surgery with one of the most experienced and renowned cosmetic surgeons in the world. Although Dr. Yamini was invited to join that practice, he decided to open Sunset Cosmetic Surgery and pursue a practice of his own with fellow plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Svehlak.
His many years of training and experience have earned him the trust and confidence of many patients, and Dr. Yamini has earned the recognition as one of “America’s Top Surgeons,” as well as a Patient’s Choice Award.
There are three cornerstones to my practice which I am proud of, and constantly try to nurture: patient satisfaction, comfort, and, above all, safety.
Because my practice focuses on cosmetic quality rather than quantity, I have the luxury to spend a great deal of time with each patient, developing a relationship of trust and respect. I like to listen carefully to my patients’ goals, desires, and expectations with cosmetic surgery. This allows me to fully educate my patients about their best options, and to come up with a mutual plan to achieve our objectives.
– My surgical and artistic approach is to achieve the most natural, rejuvenating, and aesthetically pleasing results without “changing” the essence of who you are.
– I will consider my goal accomplished only when my patients are totally satisfied with their results.
– Along with my colleagues, we have designed unique surgical and anesthesia techniques not just for optimal beauty and natural results but also to cause the least patient discomfort. These techniques and approaches will all be discussed at the time of our consultation.
– We have been blessed with one of the friendliest, most supportive, and most attentive staff, both in the office and in the operating room.
– Our personnel have tremendous professionalism and experience with cosmetic surgery, and they are always available to answer your questions.
– I follow my patients very closely and frequently to ensure optimal healing and recovery, so you are always welcomed in our office. I also make myself available virtually 24/7 to address any of my patient concerns. If I am not in town, my partner Dr. Svehlak will attend very carefully to all my patients.
– I have completed more than eight years of surgical, plastic, and advanced cosmetic training and have performed more than 5,000 procedures. Throughout this period I have always paid attention to every detail and ensure the safety of my patients is top priority.
– I am constantly optimizing our own tecahniques as well as incorporating new innovations that are beneficial to our patients.
– Our office and operating center follows a very strict and comprehensive federal guideline for safety and has always been accredited by the appropriate authorities.
– I use only a select few anesthesiologists whom I trust, each of whom is very experienced and has taken care of thousands of cosmetic patients.
For all these reasons, I am confident you will have a very positive experience with our office.
—Plastic Surgeon Daniel Yamini, MD, FACS, FAACS