- NON-SURGICALSkin Rejuvenation
Breast Asymmetry Correction in Los Angeles
Correct and Balance Uneven Breasts in the Beverly Hills Area
Most women naturally have slightly differently sized or uneven (asymmetrical) breasts. In cases where the difference is pronounced, Sunset Cosmetic Surgery provides the newest, customizable procedures in breast asymmetry correction in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and the surrounding areas.
There are several ways to go about a correction for asymmetrical breasts: some women may want to augment (enlarge) the smaller breast to look like the larger one, while others may choose to reduce the size of the larger breast to match the smaller one. Breast augmentation (where implants are available in a variety of customizable shapes and sizes), scarless breast reduction, and/or traditional breast reduction are procedures often used in the process of breast asymmetry correction. Nipple reductions or revisions can also be performed to give the nipples a more symmetrical look if they are of different sizes, or if the patient would simply like them to look smaller. A traditional, Benelli, or other method of breast lift can also correct unevenness or overall issues with sagging, loose, or deflated breasts.These procedures may be performed in conjunction with each other to minimize required recovery periods, and to ensure that the breasts overall are in symmetry.
Sunset Cosmetic Surgery performs breast asymmetry corrections
Dr. Yamini and Dr. Svehlak strive to stay at the forefront of the latest advances in technology and techniques used to perform breast asymmetry corrections. To get the best possible results, certain surgeries involved in the process of breast asymmetry correction may call for an implantable surgical material, including:
- SERI® Surgical Scaffold, which is knitted, bioengineered, long-term, resorbable, and derived from silk to add support and strength
- Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix, which can regenerate into the patient’s own tissue, and retain its biochemical component and collagen structure
Let Us Help You, Together we will Elevate Your Beauty
The required recovery time can vary widely, depending on whether a breast augmentation, reduction or lift was performed to achieve your breast asymmetry correction.
- If you have had a breast augmentation or reduction, and/or a nipple revision for breast asymmetry correction: After the surgery, the doctor will likely recommend wearing a special surgical bra and/or tape for several weeks to minimize swelling and support the breasts. You should expect to feel tired, and for your breasts to feel tender for the first 24 to 48 hours after the operation. Most patients need to take one to two weeks off from work and normal activity, with strenuous activity not recommended for about six weeks after the operation. Patients should also avoid activities involving lifting and/or pushing for about two to four weeks. Note that a scarless breast reduction may require less recovery time than a traditional one.
- If a breast lift is performed for a breast asymmetry correction, recovery time will depend on the type of lift used. Some patients can get back to work after about a week. Your surgeon will advise you on specific recovery times, and when you will be able to resume exercise and other activity.