Am I a candidate for traditional breast reduction surgery?
*Patient results may vary.
If you fall into any of the following categories, you are possibly a candidate for a the breast reduction procedure performed in our Los Angeles office:
- Women who have more glandular tissue than fat (this is often found in women with pendulous breasts or thin women)
- Women that have excessively large breasts (the scarless reduction technique typically only provides 1-2 cups reduction in size)
- Women who want to change the size and shape of their breasts
- Women with excessive sagging
Benefits of traditional breast reduction surgery
- Reduction in pain of the back, neck and shoulders
- Improved posture
- Easier it is to find clothes you like and that fit
- Feel better about your body!
Typical recovery time following breast reduction surgery
While some complications are possible, most patients heal quickly and are happy and satisfied with their results. For the first few days after the surgery you will wear a special surgical bra to minimize swelling and support the breasts. You will continue to wear one of the bras for several weeks at all times. Most women take one to two weeks off from work and normal activity; strenuous activity is not recommended for six weeks after the operation.